Our dogs are our family!
GUARDIAN FAMILY APPLICATION
Are you interested in helping us raise one of our sweet mamas?
Our dogs are considered beloved members of our family. We created a Guardian-Home Program to grow our breeding program while still providing each of our breeding dogs with a loving environment in a guardian family. We breed for temperament, health, and physical attributes. Living in a loving home is essential for our breeders to produce top quality puppies. A Guardian Home is not a foster situation. This is a great way for a family to have their very own high quality puppy, chosen by the breeder. By joining our Guardian Program, you desire to and act as a guardian for a Goldendoodle or Poodle dog that may be either a male or a female and is a potential breeder or proven breeder, subject to the terms of this Agreement. The following will spell out the Guardian-Home Program, including our requirements for
guardian families while the dog is a part of the breeding program. The Obligations we will assume as Owner, and how the dog will become a permanent member of your family.
Benefits of the Guardian-Home Program:
To the Guardian family:
The Dog is our “pick of the litter” with an estimated value of $8,000+, your cost is $0.
Henry Elliots will pay any fees associated with the breeding of said Dog. The guardian home is responsible for all regular costs associated with owning a dog. For example: vaccines, annual vet visits, and any emergency vet costs that may come up, Grooming, Food, training that may be needed, toys, dog supplies, treats, monthly flea medication.
Initial Obligations of Guardian Family:
In order to be considered for the Guardian-Home Program, we require that you:
1. Live within 1 hour from Henry Elliots, 97007 zip code.
2. Maintain open lines of communication with Henry Elliots concerning any matter related to the dog.
3. Maintain distance from other intact dogs. The subject dog of this contract may not reside in a home where other intact dogs live or frequently visit.
4. The subject dog is to be kept safe. Rough play can result in injury to any animal.
5. The dog is to be professionally groomed at least every 8-10 weeks.
The Guardian Family is to always consider the safety of the dog.
Guardians of pregnant dogs should be extra cautious of rough activity.
Ownership and all rights, title and interest in the dog shall remain with Owner (Henry Elliots). If the dog is a female, any puppies born to the dog shall be the sole property of the Owner (Henry Elliots) and the Guardian Family shall have no ownership interest of possession rights to any such puppy or the breeding adult while breeding.
If the dog is a male, all semen shall be the sole property of Owner (Henry Elliots) and the Guardian Family shall have no ownership interest or possession rights to any use of semen. The dog shall be used as a breeding adult exclusively by Henry Elliots and under no circumstances shall be bred to anyone other than as directed by Henry Elliots. After the dog ceases to be a breeder, Owner shall, by written evidence of transfer, assign and transfer ownership of the dog to the Guardian Family after the dog has been spayed or neutered.
HENRY ELLIOTS DOODLES
This agreement is between the “Breeder”, Christina Forton and _________________________,
the “Guardians”. This agreement is for the guardianship of a male/female,
______________________________. The contract is entered into on ____________________, 20___.
The dog will continue to be owned by Christina Forton for years from the date of the contract or until the agreement is terminated by one of the parties in a way defined in this agreement.
Breeder will provide guardian with detailed instructions regarding care of dog, feeding, training, and veterinary care.
Guardian shall establish care at N****** Veterinary Hospital and breeder is to remain listed on the account until this contract expires.
Breeder will request transportation of the dog when necessary with at least a 3 day notice when transportation is necessary.
Breeder is responsible for all expenses related to testing/breeding. If testing shows dog is not able to be a breeder, the Breeder will release the guardians from the contract.
In the case of a female, Breeder will breed her for a total of 5 or less litters (number will vary based on ease of pregnancy, delivery, and ability as a mother), after which proof of spaying must be given to breeder. In the case of a male, the length of time will be determined by need and ability to breed.
1. The guardians are responsible for all expenses related to properly maintaining, containing, training and caring for the dog.
2. Guardians must follow breeder’s nutritional guidelines, exercise the dog appropriately, pay for routine veterinary care and food related expenses and pay for sick visits to the veterinarian.
Must be fed Taste of The Wild Ancient Stream Kibble. APPROVED toppers are optional.
Frontline flea medication for appropriate weight must be given on the 1st of every month. ABSOLUTELY NO INGESTIBLE FLEA MEDICATION IS ALLOWED.
Do a nail trim on the 1st of every month when flea medication is given.
Dog must be groomed professionally once every 8-10 weeks.
ALL medications, vitamins and supplements must be ran by, and approved by breeder before being administered.
If dog needs to be seen by vet, keep breeder notified before any decisions are made.
3. Guardians must surrender the dog to the breeder whenever stud services are needed. For females, the female must be
surrendered to breeder for breeding (3-4 days – may be brought back and forth) and for whelping (up to 8 weeks). Guardian must inform breeder as soon as the female comes into heat.
Whelping - Five (5) days prior to due date and up until the puppies are weaned at approximately 6 weeks of age. Guardian families of female dogs will be compensated $500 for every successful litter the dog produces if female passes her Canine good citizenship before 12 months of age.
Male Dog: Owner requires access to male breeding dog for reasons including, but not limited to:
For each breeding event, the owner requires access to a male breeding dog 3-4 separate occasions, 24-48 hours apart. Occasionally more breedings are necessary. If he is breeding a female that lives a significant distance from Christina Forton, it may be necessary for him to stay at the female’s house for multiple days per breeding. If male passes his canine good citizenship by 12 months of age. Guardian family will receive $200 for every breeding.
4. Guardians agree to cooperate in arranging transport of the dog upon breeder’s request for testing, insemination, natural breeding or on other occasions as needed by breeder.
5. Guardians may not choose or allow any elective veterinary procedures to be performed on dog without the written permission from breeder.
6. Guardians may not use or allow the use of the dog for breeding purposes except those arranged for by the breeder.
7. The guardians are responsible to ensure that all persons residing with the guardians and dog understand and abide by the contract.
8. Guardians agree to reside within 1 hour of breeder for the duration of the contract. If guardian moves to a location outside this radius, the contract may be voided.
9. Guardians will keep the dog contained, when outside, with permanent fencing, or other means approved by the breeder.
10. Guardians agree that the dog will be an indoor dog and will never be kept outside for extended periods of time.
Termination of Agreement
Failure to meet any of these obligations can result in the termination of the guardianship contract.
This Agreement shall terminate upon the occurrence of any of the following at the discretion of the owner Christina Forton:
1. Immediately, upon the transfer of ownership of the Dog to the Guardian Family.
2. Immediately, upon the Owner's determination that the Guardian Family is non‐compliant with the terms of this Agreement. And such non‐compliance poses significant risk to the health, welfare and safety of the Dog, and the breeding program, at which time possession of the dog returns to the Owner ,Christina Forton.
3. Immediately, upon the death of the dog from natural or accidental causes.
4. Immediately, upon the Guardian Family’s permanent return of the Dog to Owner for any reason. All Fees and expenses are non refundable.
Females: There is a $10,000 fine if a female should become pregnant without Owner (Christina Forton) consent. Plus any breeding costs for that litter. Dog will be removed from home permanently.
Males: There is a $3,000 per puppy fine if a male should be bred without the consent of Owner (Christina Forton). Dog will be removed from home permanently.
Death of the dog while in the care of the breeder
If the dog dies while in the care of the breeder, the breeder will provide a replacement puppy to the guardian at no charge and the guardian contract will be terminated.
The guardians may return the dog at any time for any reason and the guardian contract will be terminated. We do understand that circumstances in life occur that are unforeseen. In the event the Guardian Family cannot keep the dog in their home or cannot fully care for the dog, Christina Forton will determine the future living arrangements for the dog. Christina Forton may re-home the dog or work out other living arrangements. Outcome will depend on specific circumstances.
The Guardian Family agrees to indemnify and hold the Owner harmless from and against all claims, liabilities, losses, cost, damages and expenses by reason of any damage property or injury or death to individuals allegedly caused by the Dog while in the possession of the Guardian Family.
The guardians may return the dog at ANY time for ANY reason and the guardian contract will be terminated.